Tyres & Wheel Balancing
Tyre Inspection & Replacement
Tyres are a key safety factor in your vehicle, and when not in proper shape increases the risk of an accident or constant breakdown that could leave you stranded.
The best way to know when to replace your tyres is to have them inspected by a professional. However, you can evaluate your tyres yourself through visual inspection:
- Inspect the tread depth and check for cracked treads.
- Inspect the tread pattern.
- Inspect the sidewall for over and under inflation.
- Ensure that these processes are repeated for all four tyres.
Always carry out routine tyre inspection & replacement.
Wheel Balancing and Wheel Alignment
Wheel balancing and wheel alignment are aspects that should be given due consideration. They contribute significantly to the lifespan of a tyre and are crucial to road safety.
Here are the dangers of driving unbalanced wheels:
- Unbalanced wheels increase the need for extra energy when driving and can cut down on the mileage of the vehicle.
- If wheels are not properly aligned, it can lead to premature wearing of the tyres.
- Steering components can be damaged while other parts can be badly affected in extreme cases.
- Unbalanced wheels can place much stress on the wheel bearing and the suspension components.
Once these symptoms are identified, approaching a professional technician is the best bet and our AutoFast professionals are right here to serve you the best way.